Ultimate Staffing is working with a life insurance company to identify an experienced Insurance Administrator to support the underwriting department.
This position will pay between $14-15 per hour depending on experience. Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
- Assist the Underwriters in the processing of insurance applications. Track the status of the applications and follow-up regarding outstanding requirements.
- Review applications and related data for completeness and compliance with legal requirements. Handle any related processing including: ordering records, reports, letters, memos, and other items needed to process applications. Produce written correspondence. Review allotment listings on a weekly and monthly basis and match allotments received with pending applications.
- Check, organize, and assemble applications for issue or withdrawal. Enter data into the Underwriting system. Sort and match incoming requirements with file and code remaining requirements into system.
- Correspond with applicants via phone to provide status updates on applications, answer questions, provide instructions, and provide great customer service with all other inquiries.
- Submit policy changes involving evidence of insurability to Underwriter, order items requested by the Underwriter and return to the Underwriter for approval.
- Assemble new policies, review the policy print (and any associated documents) for correctness, and mail out final package. Organize the file for imaging, review the file, and code into system. Submit the file to the Records Department for imaging.
- Assist Underwriters as needed with any other applicable duties. Assist in training new personnel as needed. Provide back up to other positions in the department.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
-2+ years of administrative experience
-Strong attention to detail
-Excellent oral and written communication skills
-Excellent customer service skills
-Insurance experience preferred, but not required
Posted By: email@example.com