We are currently hiring for an Administrative Assistant for a large medical practice in New Haven CT. This position requires at least three years of experience in an administrative secretarial work within a hospital or physician office setting. Please send qualified resumes to email@example.com to the attention of Stacey Noto.
- Performs a wide range of secretarial duties in support of the Hospital Executive team, the Department and the areas it supports.
- Provides general secretarial support to various leaders.
- Assists other secretaries in office to augment support to the rest of the Executive team.
- Answers telephone in a pleasant and courteous manner within four (4) rings, properly identifying self and the Department.
- Screens calls appropriately, re-directs callers appropriately and takes accurate, complete and timely messages.
- Alerts appropriate manager of matters of an urgent nature identified by callers or visitors to the Department Provides cross coverage of Vice President as necessary.
- Opens and properly distributes all incoming mail on a daily basis.
- Schedules and confirms all appointments and meetings, ensuring appropriate participation as instructed. Distributes agendas and minutes as directed.
- Coordinates meeting space, catering and audio-visual needs.
- Maintains Director and Manager's calendars ensuring that all meetings and appointments are posted appropriately, accurately and in a timely manner.
- Ensures that hard copy back up is always available in case of system failure.
- Coordinates and completes any large-scale mailings as directed in a timely, accurate and effective manner.
- Maintains accurate documentation of such efforts.
- Maintains task list in Microsoft Outlook; adding items as generated, following up as indicated, and coordinating efforts with Manager on a regular basis.
- Maintains Manager and Director's files in an efficient and methodical manner, allowing easy retrieval of information as needed.
- Coordinates the purchase of capital and operating expense items at the direction of the Manager.
- Maintains accurate files on all such purchases, and coordinates with appropriate staff from Finance, Purchasing, and users.
- High school diploma.
- Three (3) years of experience or more in administrative secretarial work within a hospital or physician office setting.
- Experience interacting with physicians and physician office staff required.
- Responsible for scheduling and meeting minutes.
- Strong knowledge of Outlook, Word, Excel and PP
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.