The receptionist provides general office support with a variety of clerical activities and related tasks. The receptionist will be responsible for answering incoming calls, directing calls to appropriate associates, mail distribution, flow of correspondence, requisition of supplies, making travel arrangements as well as additional clerical duties.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required Education and Experience
- Answers telephones and directs the caller to the appropriate associate. Will transfer a caller to an associate's voice mailbox when the associate is unavailable.
- Operates listed office machines as required (Ex: Fax Machine, Copier, Printer, Scanner).
- Prepares outgoing mail; sorts and distributes incoming mail.
- Coordinates the pick-up and delivery of express mail services (FedEx, UPS, etc.).
- Assists in the ordering, receiving, stocking, and distribution of office supplies. Maintains office inventory.
- Makes travel arrangements for employees as needed.
- Graduation from high school or GED equivalent with specialized course work in general office practices such as typing, filing, accounting and bookkeeping.
- 2+ years' experience in a receptionist or related position
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.