Date Posted: 9/19/2023Apply Now
Our client located conveniently in The Domain in North Austin is seeking a friendly and outgoing Disbursement Clerk to join their growing team!
At this level, incumbents are typically skilled in processing all forms of premium payments including checks, credit card, wire transfer, pre-authorized checks, and debit of agent accounts. This level also may involve more interaction with international agents to obtain additional documentation, policy amendments, or similar.
* This position is responsible for processing routine premium payments applied to new policies or renewals
* This position is responsible for processing multiple forms of premium payments applied primarily to renewal policies
* generating correspondence with agents and/or policy holders as needed
* ensuring the accuracy and completeness of payment documents
* following all applicable compliance procedures for processing such payments, including federal anti-money laundering guidelines and IRS cash reporting requirements
* performing quality control assessments to ensure payment processing procedures are effective
* answering correspondence relating to updates, reprocessing of debit authorization, declined credit card payments, or other discrepancies
* determining appropriate reassignment of charges and file updates when needed
* training new/less experienced employees (full time or temporary) as needed
* providing back up assistance to other staff members in varying areas as needed
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
* Knowledge of debit/credit accounting practices
* Ability to work under strict deadlines
* Ability to effectively prioritize work based on compliance parameters
* Strong comprehension and analytical skills
* Bilingual in Spanish preferred
* Strong attention to detail regarding multiple payment processing, risk assessment, and quality control
* Ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with international agents and co-workers
Education & Experience
* High School education or GED required
* 3-4 years of experience in processing payments
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for applying to the Disbursement Clerk Near Domain - $19.00/hr to start! position. Your job application has been routed to the appropriate branch for consideration. Please make note of your Password, as you will need this if you are selected to move forward in the process. Your email address will most likely serve as your username.