Ultimate Staffing is seeking a staff accountant to support a leading financial institution in Salinas, CA. This is an onsite role, with a target pay rate of $35-48/hour depending on experience and offers to join a great organization with a employee first culture!
Under general supervision, the Accountant performs a variety of financial and accounting tasks that require knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, regulatory and financial reporting requirements. Position requires a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail while adhering to established timelines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Reconcile the Federal Reserve account and other correspondent bank accounts.
- Maintain fixed asset, prepaid, investment securities, and accrual records including researching and resolving variances.
- Prepare a variety of general ledger entries related to daily activities and month end close.
- Reconcile and research suspense items and non-post transactions.
- Monitor daily exception reports.
- Reconcile monthly payroll account.
- Prepare supporting spreadsheets and schedules for asset liability committee, management and board reports, regulatory reporting, internal and external audits.
- Prepare a variety of monthly account certifications.
- Support accounts payable activities.
- Develop and maintain desktop procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
A combination of education, training and/or experience, demonstrating knowledge and abilities consistent with position qualifications.
- 3 years accounting experience in Finance or related field.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting or related field preferred.
- Experience with Fiserv and/or Sage a plus. Intermediate to advanced excel skills.
The Senior Accountant must be a self-starter with demonstrated ability to work independently; detailed, analytical and responsive. A team player with a positive attitude and a high sense of urgency.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org