Leading Property Management Company in Newport Beach is adding a Payroll and Benefits Manager to their team. This is a full time, in office opportunity. Must be able to commute to Newport Beach, Fashion Island 5 days a week.
Payroll and Benefits Manager
As our Payroll and Benefits Manager, you will be the mastermind behind our payroll and benefits systems, monitoring and evaluating the performance of both and implementing improvements as needed. You will ensure that our employees are paid accurately and on time by managing the full life-cycle of the payroll process and handling any issues or inquires as they arise. You will act as the promoter and advocate for the employee benefit package, a benefits Champion focused on employees having access to our benefits and using them to their fullest potential.
The Job - Core Responsibilities
The Job - Qualifications & Experience
- Processes final paychecks and manages termination process.
- Recommends process improvements and efficiencies to streamline payroll processing.
- Maintains payroll reports in accordance with all state and federal requirements.
- Input changes affecting net wages such as exemptions, insurance coverage and garnishments for each employee to update master payroll records.
- Ensures vacation/sick data is correct in all systems.
- Configures and runs reports as needed.
- Reconciles employee's timekeeping and maintains payroll records.
- Provides customer service to employees (internal customers) with any payroll and benefit related matters.
- Assists with special projects and other essential duties as assigned
- Executes benefit invoice reconciliations.
- Responsible for all 401k administration.
- Acts as liaison between the Company and benefit broker, health and benefit providers, Cobra administrator.
- Maintains and reviews all timekeeping systems.
- Manages open enrollment.
- Evaluates employee benefits policies and offerings to assess whether they are current, competitive, and legal.
- Oversees the distribution of pay and benefits information to the organization's employees; answer questions as needed.
- Ensures that pay and benefits plans comply with federal and state regulations.
- Administers Leave of Absences, as needed.
- Assists the Director of Human Resources on projects and day-to-day tasks, as needed.
- Multi state payroll experience is preferred
- BA Preferred
- PHR, SHRM Certificate is a plus
- 5+ Years Payroll experience
- Experience with multi-locations and multi-state required.
- 5+ Years Payroll software and HRIS data management.
- Experience with Paylocity preferred.
- 5+ Years benefits experience required
- Knowledge of B Swift would be a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org