Medical Device Client is looking for a Part Time Technical Writer in Irvine, CA!
Start/End Dates: 7/10/2023 - 1/9/2024
Work Location: Irvine, CA
The main function of a technical writing specialist is to develop and create accurate technical documents for in-vivo studies, including Good Laboratory Practices (GLP) compliant studies.
- Edit and create protocols and reports, technical summaries, and test procedures in collaboration with study directors and research specialists.
- Assist in the maintenance of documentation in a standard format following established guidelines
- Partner with team members to facilitate clarification or explanation of reference materials and technical documentation
- Review documents for style, clarity, grammar, and punctuation
- Identify and correct inconsistencies of thought, development, or organization and gain consensus with authors to make appropriate adjustment in documents and procedures
- Assist in interfacing with stakeholders (e.g, technicians, engineers, project teams) to develop an understanding of the report changes
- Other duties assigned by Leadership
- Proven expertise in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Publisher; Adobe and Photoshop preferred
- Excellent editing and proofreading skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English including negotiating and relationship management skills
- Excellent problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Knowledge and understanding of policies, procedures and guidelines relevant in the development of technical documentation
- Knowledge of documentation (e.g, procedures, technical summaries, protocols, and test reports)
- Excellent technical writing skills
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a fast paced environment
- Strict attention to detail
- Must be able to work in a team environment, including inter-departmental teams and key contact representing the organization on projects
Education and Experience:
* Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in related field
* 0-2 years of experience required
On site only. Monday-Friday 8:30-4:30pm
Part time accepted as well.
Background in Biology, Animal testing/reporting, research
Other contractors previous experience: PHD writers or masters level education
Advanced Word, table, excel (required)
Experience with Written medical / biological/ scientific content.
Associates and Specialist roles are also accepted.
Team of 18.
Conversion/extension: Based on business need and performance.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org