We are looking for multiple office assistants to support a busy organization. This will be a long-term temporary assignment. The right candidate will have an opportunity to apply to the role directly once it is opened up.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Fully on-site in Martinez, CA
- Salary Range: $22 - $24 / hour
- Schedule: Monday - Thursday 6:00 AM - 4:30 PM
- Establish and maintain effective professional working relationships with supervisors, coworkers, participants, residents, landlords and the public/clients representing people from various cultural and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Respond accurately and in a timely manner to inquiries and/or provide information on programs and related services.
- Answer the telephone, screen and refer phone calls to appropriate staff or directly answer inquiries.
- Greet visitors and assist them with general questions and/or direct them to the appropriate person or location.
- Effectively operate all office equipment, including a personal computer, required to ensure the accurate and timely performance of duties.
- Prepare, process and review various forms and other documents for completeness, consistency, validity and accuracy.
- Update information by inputting information into various computer programs accurately, and in a timely manner to ensure agency compliance with program requirements and regulations.
- Prepare a variety of narrative and statistical reports, correspondence, and other materials
- Maintain files by filing documents and correspondence associated with assigned department
- Requisition office supplies
- Prepare and mail documents to clients, residents, etc.
- Ensure privacy and maintain security of confidential materials.
- Pick up and/or take agency mail to the post office.
- Identify and distribute mail
- Assist in other areas to cover absences or provide relief, to equalize peak work periods, or otherwise balance the workload.
- Receive information from staff regarding equipment maintenance/repairs, and promptly contact the appropriate office to submit a work order(s).
- Follow up with the Purchasing Department or appropriate vendor to ensure required actions are performed satisfactorily.
- Organize pre-construction conference meetings, take minutes and prepare meeting notes in a timely manner for contract files.
- Review and verify contractors' certified payrolls for accuracy and completeness
- Ensure all contract documents are processed and records are integrated with contract files.
- Prepare semi-annual labor standards enforcement report
- Receive contractor invoice and prepare required forms for payment processing and manager approval.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org