An outside salesperson/ estimator is someone who is very comfortable with the estimating function of a security system installation business. The ideal candidate is a former technician
who has a deep knowledge of the different types of security systems available today. Ideally, the outside salesperson is capable of determining cable paths, installation plans, and engineering scopes to determine the best plan for the installation team.
- As our outside salespeople are typically responsible for walking the installation team through the job and explaining the scope of work to them, it's important that they have an understanding of the installers day to day job.
- It is also incumbent on the estimator to be able to build value on cloud based security systems, service level agreements, and monitoring services as a key function of their job is to explain the merit of recurring revenue services that we provide.
- A basic understanding of access control electrical theory, network engineering, and alarm functions is required for this role.
- The perfect candidate will be comfortable balancing the responsibilities of being a road warrior with the ability to follow up with customers and managing their time with day to day correspondence.
- Writing skills are a huge factor as the estimating function requires writing scopes and Bills of Materials, and the sales function requires heavy email follow up and correspondence.
- This role requires an organized person who can manage their time effectively and consistently hit deadlines for documentation and close dates.
- 2+ years of experience in the security/ low voltage industry
- Preferably with a small to medium sized business
- Basic IT and Facilities Knowledge
- Experience with SLED (State Local Government and Education/ Schools) a plus
- Experience with Construction a plus
- Experience selling Cloud Based Security Systems a plus
- Experience with Salesforce a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org