Our client is growing and looking for a Construction Estimator to join their team. The Estimator will be an experienced low voltage/ Security Engineer. Someone with knowledge of construction design, estimate creation, and proposal generation for low voltage and security projects. This person understands the NECA (National Electrical Contractors Association) standard for take-offs, estimating, and proposal design. They know the basics of union/ non-union labor, prevailing wage and public works projects, and can scan a construction document or RFP to make a "go/ no go' decision on whether or not to pursue a project.
- Collecting all pertinent documents including property plans, technical drawings, and project specifications.
- Studying documentation, meeting with clients, and inspecting the construction site to fully understand what work is required.
- Deciding on the most appropriate human and material resources for each project.
- Obtaining multiple quotes for each of these and then selecting the most suitable offers.
- Negotiating with service providers to secure better prices.
- Outlining the work plan to gauge how much time will be needed to complete each development.
- Performing risk assessments to account for potential deviations from the project plan.
- Accounting for the use of our resources, plus a reasonable profit margin to calculate an overarching price.
- Drafting proposals that detail envisaged materials, costs, and time frames.
- Meeting with clients to discuss their thoughts and concerns about our offers.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org