Respiratory Therapist (RCP or RRT Licensed)
Location: Kearny Mesa, CA
Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm
**Requires working 1 on-call rotation a month
An industry leading home medical equipment provider is seeking a Respiratory Therapist (RCP) to join their team. This individual will be assisting in the treatment and management of patients with Respiratory Care needs. This role will be working heavily with individuals on CPAP and Ventilators, but may also work with patients with other respiratory illnesses.
- Provides instruction to patients and/or caregivers on the proper use of equipment and/or respiratory care procedures.
- Ensures patients and/or caregivers, and family members can effectively operate and maintain equipment.
- Completes necessary paperwork including daily delivery logs, plan of care and treatment, and any other paperwork required by the company.
- Responsible for routine patient follow-up contacts based on individual needs and insurance compliance requirements, including but not limited to ongoing PAP compliance.
- Perform on-call duties as needed.
- Provides and operates various types of respiratory care equipment including but not limited to oxygen therapy, nebulization therapy, apnea monitoring, suctioning, PAP, invasive and non-invasive ventilation.
- Inspects and tests equipment to ensure proper operating condition.
- Prepares and maintains a record for each patient containing all pertinent information, care plans, physician prescriptions and follow-up documentation.
- Responsible for accurate data entry on monitoring websites for certain respiratory equipment
- Consults with referring physician regarding patient treatment, medical condition, home environment, and Plan of Care.
- Participates in ongoing education and training sessions regarding respiratory patient care.
- Assist with patient scheduling as needed.
- Maintain valid licenses and endorsements required for the position.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Must be able to pass a background check
- High School Diploma or GED
- Graduate of an accredited program for respiratory therapy is required
- Hold a current RCP or RRT license in the state of California
- 4 years Respiratory Therapist experience preferred
- Bilingual English and Spanish
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to email@example.com