We are seeking an experienced candidate to join our Loan Servicing team.
Mortgage Loan experience will not be considered for this role.
Position Summary: The Loan Servicing Specialist's principal role is to maximize the social impact and financial performance of our growing loan portfolio by working closely with our borrowers and collaborating with the different departments in our organization. We emphasize a high quality of service while ensuring the long-term sustainability of our loan funds. The Loan Servicing Specialist carries out our loan servicing and debt collections strategies while fully complying with federal and state regulations. Loan Servicing Specialist will be available to borrowers to discuss their situation or their loan. This person will also be responsible for a variety of back office activities such as daily mail, processing payments that have been dropped off and preparing outbound mail to our clients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide exceptional customer support to our borrowers through personal, auto, commercial and other loans
- Input new loans, updates, and tracking
- Collaborate with other departments to achieve goals
- Communicate directly with customers
- Manage all aspects of the loan payoff process including customer service inquiries
- Coordinate daily transactions and final payoff process with other departments
- Prepare Loan closing documentation and processes are completed accurately and timely
- Follow the organization's established strategies for debt collection, and suggest areas of improvement in accordance with Federal and State regulations, as well as in accordance with the policies of the Loan Servicing Department and the organization.
- Investigate and resolve discrepancies
- Other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Abilities
- Customer Service skills
- Microsoft Office skills
- Be able to work independently
- 2 years' experience in commercial or personal loan servicing
- Solid computer skills including Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook
- Accuracy is paramount
- Ability to communicate effectively with other team members
- Professional and courteous customer service skills
- Strong time management and organizational skills with the ability to
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Experience in financial services
- Mortgage Loan experience will not be considered for this role
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org