Our client is a non-for-profit organization that serves all of Pinellas County. They live by their Mission, Vision, and Values, and are located in St Petersburg. .
We are seeking a Billing Specialist to join their growing team. The best candidate for this role needs to live locally to go into the office.
You will be responsible for all functions of third party billing; processing new applications, processing private and government insurance billing, reviewing delinquent accounts, resolving claims denials, submitting claim appeals, posting payments and adjustments, managing collections and reporting claim status' s to the team leads and supervisor.
- Billing process of Medicaid, Medicare, and private insurance
- Reviewing delinquent accounts
- Ability to develop procedures
- Ability to complete audit of programs for reporting
- Ability to work with IT and Finance departments to coordinate service tracking to AR for all funding sources
- Reviewing AR system
- Reviewing and Resolving Client account balances
- Prepares and transmits electronic Medicaid / Medicare billing
- Prepares and submits check requests for insurance adjustments
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Certified Professional Biller Certification required
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in accounting - preferred
- Five years' experience in healthcare revenue billing cycle for both Part A and Part B
- Knowledge of billing practices
- Knowledge of governmental and/ or private payer regulations and guidelines for billing
- Knowledge of posting payments/ adjustments and managing collections
- Knowledge of supervising maintenance of the accounts receivables system
This position has the ability to be hybrid (3days in office/ 2 days remote) possibly after 90 days.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to email@example.com