Ultimate Staffing is part of the Roth Staffing family of Companies, which is one of the largest, privately held staffing companies in the country, with locations across the country. We are proud of being the only staffing company recognized with all industry's top awards for - The Best Staffing Firm to Work for, The Best Staffing Firm to Temp for and the Best in Client Service. We get to create remarkable experiences every day. We are just a different kind of company!
We have currently partnered with a leading local company located on the west side of Portland. Due to growth, they are looking for a Purchasing Manager to join their team! The Purchasing Manager is responsible for purchasing, capital equipment, inventory systems, and logistics, including optimizing costs, efficiency, and stakeholder satisfaction within the healthcare industry. This person will oversee a team and coordinate purchasing-related elements of projects with other departments as needed, as well as managing/negotiating vendor contracts for the organization.
Job Title: Purchasing Manager
Location: Tigard, OR (Hybrid) - Candidate must be local and able to go onsite as needed.
- Oversight of a team of 5.
- Procure parts and materials at negotiated rate.
- Develop a supply and production plan to ensure timely delivery to our customers.
- Create and monitor the performance of the purchasing strategy.
- Negotiates purchasing contracts and monitors vendor quality and pricing.
- Prepares bid invitations and conducts bid openings; examines bids for compliance with procurement requirements.
- Partners with project managers and clinical locations to determine sources of supplies by receiving and analyzing quotations and proposed bids.
- Participates in product evaluation task forces throughout the organization. Partners with task force to try out and assess products to determine which products to purchase.
- Collaborates with organizational leaders to standardize supplies and processes throughout the organization where appropriate.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or a related field preferred, or equivalent combination of classroom training and/or work experience.
- 5+ years of purchasing experience required within the healthcare industry.
- 3+ years of experience in a leadership role.
- Experience working with purchase ordering software required.
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office products (Word, Outlook, Excel).
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a busy, fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively and professionally negotiate with vendors.
- Proven effective verbal, listening and written communication skills.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to email@example.com