Location: San Deigo, CA
Hours: 8am-5pm, M-F
Duration: 6+ Months (Contract)
Pay: $40 per hour
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists with maintaining facility systems and equipment including; HVAC and thermostat controls, lighting systems, DI/Drinking water systems.
- Performs daily tasks to support routine facility maintenance tasks and repairs including minor patching, painting, plumbing, and electrical work.
- Rearranges office areas as needed; installs/relocates furniture, computers, etc. in support of corporate space planning.
- Fulfills requests to support corporate events and meetings to include room set-up, break-down and trash removal as required.
- Ability to source appropriate material and equipment for repairs, manage appropriate inventory levels.
- Maintains office premises and stairwells to ensure a safe and clean environment through daily inspection of building.
- Monitors equipment, schedules needed repairs/maintenance by contacting appropriate technicians; oversee repairs as required.
- Responds to emergency calls and supports after hours facility/building projects as needed and as scheduled with/assigned by management. This includes rotation of on call facility schedule.
- Participates in inspections with local, state and federal regulatory authorities including Department of Health, Fire Department, and other agencies as instructed and directed by management.
- Support and assist EH&S Management with building Safety and Compliance
- May operate a motor vehicle to transport supplies and furniture between office location and warehouse.
- Performs other duties as directed.
- High school diploma or equivalent with 10+ years of relevant facilities experience.
- Recent experience in a biotech environment and/or management of a LEED Certified building preferred; not a requirement.
- Experience in the maintenance/facilities trades, formal apprenticeship, or on-the job training also a plus.
- Experience with systems such as ServiceNow, S2 Security (NetBox), Angus AnyWhere, SendWordNow, Envoy and SpaceIQ, preferred.
- Knowledge of general facilities, safety practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of electrical, plumbing, heating and air conditioning repairs and maintenance.
- Valid driver's license, and ability to operate a motor vehicle.
- Ability to manipulate equipment and materials up to 50 pounds.
- Previous experience with hazardous waste handling and disposal.
- Good manual dexterity, with the ability to use hand-tools.
- Ability to read and understand facilities drawings, handbook formulas, and a variety of maintenance and repair related equipment, including measuring instruments such as caliper and scale.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word & Excel).
We put our Ambassadors first. When it comes down to it, we know we can't fulfill our Promise to our business customers without your commitment. You represent our organization while on assignment. In return, we do our best to show our commitment to you. Our Ambassador Benefits package includes: Medical, dental and vision coverage. It also includes 401k, sick time, holiday and much more. We are an equal opportunity employer.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories
To apply please email your resume to email@example.com