Commercial Construction Superintendent
Location: Kearny Mesa, CA
Salary: $85,000 - 105,000 DOE
Travel - up 75% of the time, travel to: CA, OR, WA, NV, OK, TX, UT, AZ, ID
Construction Superintendent is responsible for the planning, coordination and direct supervision of all suppliers and subcontractors to ensure each project remains on schedule and within budget. Projects will be located nationwide and consist mostly of Tenant Improvements. Results oriented, hands-on professional with the ability to deal effectively and interact well with customers, subcontractors and employees.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Planning, coordinating and supervising suppliers and subcontractors in the best interest of the project schedule and budget guidelines.
- Preparing project schedules and communicating to all parties the sequence of performing their scope of work.
- Working closely with project manager to ensure smooth on-time completion.
- Identifying costs savings and value engineering opportunities
- Completing close out process with as built drawings, punch lists along with final inspections and sign offs.
- Conduct safety site meetings and proactively enforce safety practices to minimize incidents.
- Maintaining project site safety files and records
- Practice and implement Company safety protocols
- Professionally representing the company to external organizations, peers and employees
- Adhering to regulatory, department and company policies.
- Must be able to read and understand blueprints
- Highly organized, positive attitude and team player
- 30 Hour OSHA training
- Ability and willingness to travel throughout the southwest to supervise construction projects
- Proven background with employee/management relationships
- Strong emphasis on self-motivation
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to interact with executive level clients
- Exceptional communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to identify and manage priorities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Capable of multi-tasking and the ability to work in a team environment as well as independently
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite a plus
- CPR/First Aid Certification preferred but not required
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to email@example.com