Are you an experienced manufacturing COST ACCOUNTANT ? Tired of the commute over the 70 bridge? DIRECT HIRE role between Chesterfield and St Charles! (100% Onsite)
Looking for a new opportunity for 2023 and beyond? Diversify your resume for career growth! Become an employee on day one!
Apply with your updated resume to this job posting for consideration - Interviewing now!
Benefits: Weekly pay, health insurance, vision insurance, dental insurance, vacation, 9 paid holidays 401k, temperature controlled work area, on site cafe, referral program, attendance bonus program for hourly employees and more
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related field required
- 6+ years' experience in cost accounting
- Experience in a manufacturing environment required
- Excel knowledge - Advanced skills required
- Be able to communicate between departments for success
- Establish standard costs and update them as appropriate.
- Prepare monthly journal entries related to Inventory Costs and variances manually or by initiating electronic creation through our software program.
- Review JEs carefully for anomalies and other inconsistencies.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly Cost accounting reports for submission to management.
- Conduct inventory reserve analysis on a quarterly basis and generate reports for senior management.
- Assist the Controller with suggesting changes to policies or procedures to increase cash flow.
- Review rates of depreciation, labor and overhead and suggest policy changes to improve results.
- Classify costs accurately.
- Generate Variance reports for Labor, Material Usage and Material Cost and analyze findings.
- Maintain and review the Inventory and Variance accounts in the general ledger and reconcile monthly.
- Analyze costs of raw materials and other supplies and create cost-benefit analyses for changing vendors.
- This list is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employees may perform other related duties as assigned
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org