Are you a positive and motivated self-starter? Our client in the dermatology world is looking for a billing specialist! This person will be responsible for submitting claims and following up with the insurance companies, collecting, posting, and managing account payments.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Prepares and submits clean claims to insurance companies both electronically and by paper
- Answers questions from patients, clerical staff, and insurance companies
- Identifies and resolves patient billing questions and complaints
- Prepares, reviews, and sends statements
- Evaluate patient's financial status and establish budget payment plans; follows and reports status of delinquent accounts
- Evaluates patent's financial status and establishes budget payment plans; follows and reports status of delinquent accounts
- Evaluates accounts to prepare information to be sent to collection agency
- Research and deny claims
- Performs various actions including contacting patients by phone, correcting and resubmitting claims to third party payers.
- Helps submit and maintain provider insurance credentialing
Experience with EMA and/or Dermatology is preferred, but not required!
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org