Ultimate Staffing is looking for a Revenue Accountant to support our client in San Jose, CA. This is a direct hire role and great opportunity to join an organization whose mission is to leave the World better than we found it.
We are seeking a Revenue Accountant with senior billing capabilities who can multitask and fully understand the complete revenue recognition process. This role will work directly with all Project Managers and be responsible for completing the monthly billing cycle for all high-level projects. This position will also be responsible for developing and maintaining revenue procedures, completing revenue account reconciliations and other ad-hoc analysis as needed. Other key responsibilities include timely and accurate delivery of month end reporting. We need someone who is actively participating with team members and working collectively with all members of the accounting department. The person in this role will need to be very driven and be able to prioritize tasks at any time. This staff member will work hand in hand with the Controller and keep active communication to ensure all milestones are met within the department.
- Responsible for preparing invoices and recording general ledger transactions.
- Maintains all invoicing and project records.
- Reconciles project records to the accounting database.
- Manage the processing of Consultant Purchase Orders related to projects including distributions to related parties.
- Manage communications and relationships with the payables departments of clients.
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures for project accounting, financial statement accounting, and project profitability.
- Mentor and train project managers on best practices related to invoicing and accounting policies and procedures.
- Analyzes accounting records to determine the financial resources required to implement projects and makes recommendations for budget allocations to ensure conformance to budgetary limits.
- Offers suggestions and guidance about project resource utilization, project budgets, project set-up, and invoicing.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Participates in preparation of annual audit schedules.
- Performs a variety of tasks as assigned by the Assistant Controller and other accounting personnel as needed.
- Reviews and enters contract information into the billing system.
- Ensures the integrity of data transpiring into the billing system is accurate and complete.
- Strong critical thinking skills.
- Organized with demonstrated ability to follow through.
- Must have pride in ownership and accuracy.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook required.
- Knowledge of other accounting skills- Reconciliations, GL/AR/AP.
- Knowledge of Deltek accounting system or similar accounting software.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to communicate effectively with all levels of personnel.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise extreme discretion.
- Works under minimal supervision.
- Bachelor's degree or higher preferred but will consider experience in lieu of formal education.
- 2 to 6 years' experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance In
To apply please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org