Office, Administrative, Customer Service, Human Resources, and Manufacturing/Production
Date Posted: 1/26/2023Apply Now
The Housing Search Worker supports homeless families with rehousing efforts to quickly exit shelter, continually reviewing needs and goals with efficiency and empathy. The position fully onsite with 1 day a week remote. 2-3 Month temporary role and Bilingual (English/Spanish) skills required
Connect ASAP at ultomatestaffing.com, 860.524.5573, or email Lorri email@example.com
* Triage with Housing Case Managers and System Navigators to provide suitable housing alongside supports and resources; ensure monthly rehousing plans are completed
* Support, assist, and advocate for clients throughout rehousing process: fill out applications, schedule/attend virtual showings, inform and update on tenant selection process, apply and appeal for reasonable accommodations, etc.
* Assist and train clients on budgeting, effective problem-solving, and options planning; help to resolve eviction actions, utility arrears, or other adverse factors impacting housing
* Educate clients about tenant and landlord rights and responsibilities, rental assistance programs, homebuyer readiness information, and available community resources * Maintain complete, accurate, and timely case notes in database/systems
* Conduct virtual unit walkthroughs to identify tenancy preservation concerns as well as potential safety issues; submit work orders for issues as needed
* Collaborate with Housing Case Manager to track progress towards rehousing, submit incident and noncompliance reports; assist and confirm that Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) accommodations are submitted to the appropriate Coordinator Requirements include:
* Post high school degree; commensurate experience may be a substitute for a degree
* 3 years' experience in domestic violence, mental health, and/or addiction/recovery services; or in case management; related experience may be a substitute
* Demonstrated ability with Microsoft Office, and comfort learning new technologies
* Ability to calculate semi-complex math equations to determine budgets and rent
* Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills across all levels of an organization and with constituents and stakeholders, with the ability to work with diverse populations
* Excellent organizational skills with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail, plus the ability to reprioritize
Wage is $18.50 per hour.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for applying to the Housing Search Assistant position. Your job application has been routed to the appropriate branch for consideration. Please make note of your Password, as you will need this if you are selected to move forward in the process. Your email address will most likely serve as your username.