Job Title: Inventory Control Manager
Target Salary: $90K-$110K
Shift: 8AM-5PM Monday - Friday, Onsite.
The Inventory Control Manager will oversee warehousing inventory operations, manage warehouse employees, company safety processes, and that all company SOP's are being followed. The role will also be responsible to manage KPI's to ensure all goals are being met.
- To ensure that inventory of YMCO physically exists and that the stated quantities of inventory are accurately stated in their various conditions and their various locations. Communicate and coordinate timely receiving, organization, and storage of products in warehouse.
- To create standard operating procedures (SOP'S) to ensure products are received, put away and shipped correctly.
- Supervise the inventory return process in distribution center. .
- Ensures safe handling and proper documentation of breakage.
- Research and apply corrective actions for shortages, filling errors, not-on-trucks, breakage, and incorrect invoices.
- Manages warehouse company safety processes.
- Establish a strong inventory control presence in our distribution operations that acts as a deterrent against theft and procedural misconduct.
- Investigate inventory shortages and discrepancies and correct them. This would include the following daily activities: Reviewing "variance' and "No Stock' reports to track down items such as receiving errors shipping errors, letdown errors, cycle and walk-off miscounts, keypunch errors, system errors, failed upload, no uploads, orders shipped but not purged, erroneous credits, pre-receiving's received twice, orders shipped twice on the system
- Conduct cycle counts and product walk-offs to ensure product location accuracy.
- Helps with the preparation and distribution of O S & D's.
- Prepares for and helps conduct state wide physical inventory counts.
- Work with YMCO Operations Manager to make sure our unsaleable products are continually invoiced and destroyed. Prepares destruction affidavits for destruction unsaleable products.
- Work with Customer Service to research errors on customer invoices.
- Promote ongoing best-in-class customer service throughout all positions in warehouse operations.
- Support warehouse operations and ensure a safe, clean, and orderly warehouse.
QUALIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES EXPERIENCE/TRAINING/EDUCATION:
- This position is required to serve as information resources for employees, and conduits between them and upper company's management.
- This position is accountable for 3 Warehouse leads.
- This position is required to hire, to use corrective action, to terminate, and to handle employee relations issues.
A Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from an accredited four-year college or university with a concentration in Business or in related fields.
- 3 to 5 years of experience as an operations or warehouse supervisor
- Experience in managing union and non-union employees, including grievances.
This position will require the ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. This role also will require the ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. This position will further require the ability to effectively present information and responds to questions from groups of managers. MATHEMATICAL SKILLS:
This role will require the ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. This posi
To apply please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org