This position ensures high quality customer service is provided to auto insurance adjusters, providers, and patients by accurately assessing claim status, identifying, and documenting next steps, communicating effectively, coding, and problem solving.
- Handle high volume of incoming claim and billing calls accurately disposition each claim and account status.
- Contact entities to validate receipt of the claim, obtain claim or payment status.
- Identify obstacles to claim submission, payment and bring to resolution; including updating insurances, updating adjuster contact information, rebilling or submitting new bills, providing missing documentation, medical records.
- Process incoming correspondence, including scanning and coding claim status and follow up actions as indicated on documents.
- Research and update claim submission routes for auto and workers' compensation insurance carriers including mail, fax, and electronic claim submission.
- Negotiate settlements with insurance carriers and patients.
- Maintain accurate notes in billing systems.
- Contribute & employ continuous improvement/best-practice techniques for the overall success of the team.
- High school diploma or GED required
- Bachelor's degree preferred but not required
- Healthcare revenue cycle, liability insurance billing/claims experience
- Medical billing: Medicare, Medicaid, Commercial, Workman's Comp, Auto
- Claim follow up/denials/appeals
- Experience with HIPAA and regulatory compliance
- Computer skills including navigating multiple user interfaces, and inputting data in software programs
- Basic Microsoft Excel skills
- Research & trouble-shooting skills
- Excellent customer service and phone etiquette
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work with quality and accuracy
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org