Quality Specialist Needed in Ventura
Full Time Position: 4-10 Schedule from 6:00am - 4:30pm Monday - Thursday
Pay = $24 - $28/hour DOE
Location: Ventura, CA
Primary responsibility will be Document Control but we'd like you to be able to flex into inspection as well.
Under general supervision, maintains a document control system for the Production, Engineering and Quality Assurance Departments to ensure standard organization, accuracy and ease of access. Compiles metrics to support the continuous improvement of the organization.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Controls Engineering documentation including design drawings, engineering change orders, reports, and procedures from creation through every revision, releasing and distributing documents according to prescribed procedures
- Manages all documentation of company Data Management System (EPDM)
- Prepares daily/monthly reports for Quality support
- Assists with Continuous Improvement Quality initiatives
- Prepares production floor documentation
- Coordinates logs and tracks flow of project documents within the project review cycle
- Ensures procedures are followed and appropriate signatures are obtained
- Assists with the development of improved document control processes and procedures
- Performs original data entry and data maintenance of Item Master Records and Bills of Material
- Files Engineering and Quality Assurance Documents in electronic filing systems
- Assist in the Coordination of logs, and tracks flow of Production Folder documents
- Accountable for filing of Engineering and Quality Assurance Documents in both paper and electronic filing systems. Maintains neatness and accuracy of the established electronic filing system.
- Creates and maintains digital production folder system on SharePoint network.
- Coordinates manufacturing communication with Engineering, Quality Assurance and Sales Departments to ensure current product specifications and necessary instructions are accurately reflected in design drawings, work instructions, and procedures
- Assists the Quality department with various administrative needs
- Some college coursework in office management
- At least 2 years' experience maintaining a document control system in a technical or legal environment
- Excellent organization skills, keen attention to detail and good interpersonal skills
- Intermediate knowledge of database software including data entry, data validation and data maintenance
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Able to read documents and computer screens
- Able to move around an office building and up stairs
- Able to sit/stand for long periods of time
- Able to type on a computer keyboard
- Able to communicate through a telephone
- Able to communicate with co-workers
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to email@example.com