Office, Administrative, Customer Service, Human Resources, and Manufacturing/Production
Date Posted: 2/9/2023Apply Now
Med Device R&D Engineer opportunity in Irvine, CA!
12+ month contract
Job Title: Engineering - Engr II, R&D
Job Description: Summary:
The main function of a Sustaining R&D engineer is to apply knowledge of technical principles and systems/procedures to maintain and optimize CC legacy products.
-Engineers with 3+ years of experience in materials or electrical disciplines
-Work with plastics, polymers, or resins
-Review of electrical designs
* Test, and/or improve products by developing moderately complex experiments and tests (including writing and executing protocols), analyze results, make recommendations, and develop reports, based on engineering principles.
* Generate work instructions, test methods, engineering drawings/prototypes, etc. to establish/characterize product and/or process specifications.
* Create/update portions of design control documents including requirement specs and risk documents.
* Assign R&D support tasks; gives instruction to technicians on conducting tests; train technicians and provide feedback; and coordinate technician work.
*Identify, evaluate, manage, and provide guidance to suppliers, including establishing tolerances and defining acceptance criteria for suppliers.+
* Good computer skills in usage of MS Office Suite; CAD experience preferred
* Good documentation, communication (e.g., written and verbal) and interpersonal relationship skills including consultative and relationship management skills
* Basic understanding of statistical techniques
* Previous experience working with lab/industrial equipment required (if applicable)
* Solid understanding and knowledge of principles, theories, and concepts relevant to Engineering
* Solid problem-solving, organizational, analytical and critical thinking skills
* Solid understanding of processes and equipment used in assigned work
* Knowledge of and adherence to Environmental Health and Safety and Quality guidelines as they relate to department clean room medical device manufacturing
* Strict attention to detail
* Ability to interact professionally with all organizational levels
* Ability to manage competing priorities in a fast paced environment
* Must be able to work in a team environment, including the ability to manage vendors and project stakeholders
* Ability to build productive internal/external working relationships
* Adhere to all company rules and requirements (e.g., pandemic protocols, Environmental Health & Safety rules) and take adequate control measures in preventing injuries to themselves and others as well as to the protection of environment and prevention of pollution under their span of influence/control
* Bachelor's degree in engineering required.
* 2-4 years experience required.
This request will need two openings filled. The team consists of very high-level engineers that enjoy to mentor and are passionate about helping their coworkers grow! A worker in this role would gain exposure to US and global R&D engineering.
Things to look for:
-Verification and validation experience.
-Exposure to failure mode analysis.
-Electrical or materials engineering disciplines.
-PPK, MLTL, or any base level knowledge of statistical tools or analysis.
-Standard office hours, potential of overtime but not likely to exceed 5 hours.
-Irvine, CA campus (full time onsite)
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including th
To apply please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for applying to the R&D Engineer - Medical Device position. Your job application has been routed to the appropriate branch for consideration. Please make note of your Password, as you will need this if you are selected to move forward in the process. Your email address will most likely serve as your username.