Ultimate Staffing has multiple openings for an Import/Export Logistics coordinator.
- 2+ years of experience in imports, shipping, transportation or other like experience. International experience a plus
- Knowledge of export Customs laws, practices and procedures.
- Deep understanding of the shipping industry and rate negotiation opportunities.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Must be self-motivated, able to work in a team as well as be independent.
- Detail oriented, have the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Windows and Microsoft Office Suite, especially with Excel.
- Aptitude, creativity, and a preference for working in small, collaborative teams.
- Knowledge of Cargo Wise operating system a plus.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Management
Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics Management, Economics, Finance, Accounting, Operations Management, General Business Management, Business Administration or related field preferred
GPA of 3.0 or greater
Experience in Supply Chain principles and concepts, spend management tools, purchasing insight into buying and selling principles, negotiations, awareness of different contract types, financial and quantitative analytical skills, commodity management, supplier and performance measurement tools, and exposure to sourcing process, and Lean Six Sigma
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org