We are looking for a contract Benefits Analyst that will work Remotely for a Santa Ana based company. If you are looking for a great culture and great work-life balance, apply today!
- Hours: 8am-5pm
- Location: Remote but must reside in California
- Advanced Excel needed (Pivot tables V-lookups) Required
- Bachelor's Degree Required
Responsible for delivering professional benefit billing administration services to clients with complex account servicing needs who have outsourced all or part of their benefits administration. Responsible for processing premium invoices, premium payments, eligibility reporting, and COBRA premiums and payments.
* Calculates premiums for health care, disability, life insurance, and other benefit plans and prepares a monthly consolidated billing statement.
* Processes client premium payments, maintaining a high level of accuracy while working with complex benefits administration and accounting details.
* Performs client premium account and benefits database audit and reconciliation.
* Prepares monthly eligibility reports for distribution in hardcopy or electronic format as required.
* Audits COBRA elections and eligibility against billed COBRA premiums.
* Supports new billing clients.
* Initiates methods and procedures for new assignments.
* Completes monthly administrative tasks for the Billing team.
* Communicates necessary adjustments or conflicts with the client's primary contact as necessary.
* Provides support as an immediate backup to Billing Coordinators & Benefit Advocates.
* Complies with agency management system data standards and integrity (enters and maintains complete and accurate information).
* Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or Business, with an emphasis in Finance or Accounting, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
One (1) or more years of experience in benefits administration or accounting
- Knowledge of employee benefits insurance and billing administration
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Good planning, organizational, and prioritization skills
- Skill in completing assignments accurately and with attention to detail
- Ability to work successfully as a member of a team and independently with moderate supervision
- Ability to work on complex assignments where good judgment and initiative are required in resolving problems and making recommendations
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide accurately and quickly
- Ability to set priorities and complete assignments on time
- Ability to review work for accuracy
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to email@example.com