Ultimate Staffing is looking for a Drafter I for our national technical services company in Houston, TX.
Contract Duration: High Possible Temp-to-Hire based off performance
Work Schedule: Option to choose from:
- M-F, 8-5
- 9 hrs a day for 4 days a week and half days on Fridays
- 10 hrs a day for 4 days a week
The Drafter I will perform drafting duties using basic drafting skills and techniques for high voltage substations or transmission line drawings. Assignments will be closely supervised and are designed to develop the employee's understanding of drafting techniques, corporate standards, and procedures. Drafters will either be dedicated to Electrical or Civil design projects. Duties & Responsibilities:
Employee may be called upon to perform any or all the following functions:
Minimum Qualifications / Experience:
- Revise drawings per markups
- Perform engineering support tasks under close supervision
- Learn and apply the corporate standard of drafting and engineering practices
- Learn and properly use the document management system
- Take personal responsibility for the quality and accuracy of his/her work
- Bring potential project-related problems and possible solutions to the attention of the responsible party
- Travel out of town for short periods of time as required by projects and assignments
- Other duties as required
- Associates degree in drafting & design is required. A certificate in drafting & design with relevant work experience may be accepted in lieu of an associate degree.
- Experience with AutoCAD 2010 or newer is required.
- Experience with MicroStation is a plus.
- Possess skills in the following areas:
- Drafting, including scales, drawing layout, lettering, and a high degree of accuracy in copying
- High school level mathematics
- Experience with MS Office including Outlook, Excel, and Word
- Working in a team environment
- Communicating effectively with co-workers
Company provides a competitive compensation and benefits package. The Company provides life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, long term disability insurance and an employee assistance plan at no cost to the employee. Benefit offerings also include a choice of traditional PPO or one of two HDHPs, with corresponding FSA or HSA, dental, vision, supplemental life insurance, short-term disability insurance, critical illness insurance, group accident insurance, hospital indemnity, a 401K with immediate vesting, and more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org