Medical Records Release of Information Specialist needed ASAP!
Excellent Biltmore location with flexible full time hours. Start immediately
Rapidly Growing Medical Management company is seeking an experienced medical records clerk with specific experience in processing release of information request.
- This position assists in the maintenance and preservation of confidential health records in accordance with specified regulatory agency requirements
- Receives and sorts clinical reports and related information and accurately documents and/or files material in appropriate health records following established guidelines and procedures
- This includes maintaining the facility's health records, as well as assisting staff retrieve files in a timely fashion
- Enters, tracks and maintains data in software application systems in a timely and accurate manner
- Maintains department records, determines accuracy of medical record numbers and reconciles the database information in routine cases
- Refers complex issues to leadership for resolution
- Assembles patient medical records using pre-established software procedures and/or chart order
- Processes and completes routine requests for information for admission, discharge, or continuing patient care purposes
- Processes record requests for internal/external audits and reviews; monitors record activity for follow-up and communicates as appropriate with requestors
- Forwards all release of information inquiries of sensitive and confidential nature to the appropriate party
- High school diploma/GED is required
- Must demonstrate excellent customer service skills, strong organizational abilities, and be able to communicate well both verbally and in writing
- Requires good keyboarding skills and the ability to work effectively with common office software and databases
- Work experience in a medical clerical, physician's office or other related field
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to email@example.com