Date Posted: 11/23/2022Apply Now
We are looking for a Financial Analyst for an Assest Management Company in Newport Beach, CA
Location: Newport Beach/ Irvine
Hybrid: 4 days in office 1 day remote
Hours: 8 am - 5 pm
Payrate: $40-$43 an hour
Primary responsibilities/essential functions: (including the following, other duties may be assigned)
* Responsible for preparation and reporting of financial results
* Assist with preparation of annual operating plans / budgeting and forecasting
* Provide analysis on operating expenses, revenue, headcount, and Assets under Management.
* Comprehensive variance analysis of department expenses
* Responsible for system metadata maintenance, including new cost centers, internal orders, and SAP hierarchies coordination and submissions
* Serve as a liaison between various teams
* Ability to understand and analyze complex calculations and business models
* Work on projects relating to Assets under Management reporting, accounting system integration/conversion, audit review, etc.
* Special projects, ad-hoc reporting and analysis
* Focus on process improvement through report automation and use of relational databases
* Document policies and procedures
* Minimum five years or more of progressive experience in Finance or Accounting
* Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or similar
* Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel skills and using PIVOT tables, VLOOKUP and higher level functions.
* Strong analytical and critical thinking skills, including the ability to effectively and autonomously problem solve
* Effective written and verbal communication skills with the ability to engage professionally and succinctly with all levels across the firm
* Strong commitment to providing quality work and ensure work is delivered completely, accurately, and timely
* Able to respond effectively to inquiries from various levels of management and maintain good working relationships with internal and external contacts
* Strong sense of urgency and excellent time management skills to organize and prioritize, including handling multiple tasks with strict deadlines
* Ability to collaborate and contribute in a team environment as well as independently to accomplish business objectives
* Experience in relational database programs such as Oracle EPM Planning.
* Experience with SAP, Access or other data management is a plus
* Financial Services/Asset Management industry experience is a plus
Professional Skills Requirements:
* Exceptional organizational skills, including ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities
* Ability to deliver on assigned responsibilities with attention to details, and use of effective interpersonal and communication skills
* Flexibility to adapt to shifting priorities, manage deadlines, and support initiatives in fast-paced environment
* Adaptable to learn new processes, concepts, and skills
* Proactive with process improvement and able to embrace change and new technology
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for applying to the Financial Analyst position. Your job application has been routed to the appropriate branch for consideration. Please make note of your Password, as you will need this if you are selected to move forward in the process. Your email address will most likely serve as your username.