Date Posted: 9/22/2022Apply Now
Leading Financial Services organization is adding to their team. This position provides administrative and secretarial support for the Newport Beach office along with some support for other offices. In addition to typing, filing, and scheduling, performs duties such as financial record keeping, payroll, coordination of meetings and conferences, obtaining supplies, coordinating direct mailings and working on special projects. Deals with a diverse group of important external callers and visitors as well as internal contacts at all levels of the organization. This role is HYBRID 2 days in office, 3 days remote. Must be FULLY VACCINATED.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Assumes receptionist duties, greets public and refers them to appropriate staff members, answers phone, routes calls and takes messages.
2. Schedules and organizes complex activities such as meetings, travel, conferences, office functions and department activities for all members of the department.
3. Performs desktop publishing. Creates and develops visual presentations for the sales, marketing and research departments.
4. Establishes, develops, maintains and updates filing system for all departments within the Newport Beach office. Retrieves information from files when needed. Establishes, develops and maintains subscriptions.
5. Organizes and prioritizes large volumes of information and calls.
6. Sorts and distributes mail. Opens mail for the Chairman and Chief Operating Officer. Drafts written responses or replies by phone or e-mail when necessary. Responds to regularly occurring requests for information.
7. Answers phones for all members of the Newport Beach office. Takes messages or fields/answers all routine and non-routine questions. Works in cooperation with other Administrative Staff to cover phones.
8. Works independently and within a team on special nonrecurring and ongoing projects, including assisting the marketing team with special projects. Acts as project manager for special projects, which may include: planning and coordinating multiple presentations, disseminating information, coordinating direct mailings and creating brochures. Produces updates and maintains mailing lists and mailing labels as requested.
9. Types and designs general correspondences, memos, charts, tables, graphs, business plans, etc. Type and word process documents as needed. Proofreads copy for spelling, grammar, and layout, making appropriate changes. Responsible for accuracy and clarity of final copy.
10. Maintains lobby and front desk area keeping it clean and free from clutter.
11. Orders office supplies and monitor inventory.
12. Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
* Must have knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database and presentation software. Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher required.
* Must have high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations. Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy.
* Some analytical ability is required in order to gather and summarize data for reports, find solutions to various administrative problems, and prioritize work.
* Work requires continual attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines.
* Ability to work on multiple projects in a deadline driven environment.
* Strong organization skills.
* Commitment to providing excellent customer service internally and externally while maintaining an approachable demeanor.
* Must have knowledge of office administrative procedures, and a high level of
To apply please email your resume to email@example.com
Thank you for applying to the Administrative Assistant position. Your job application has been routed to the appropriate branch for consideration. Please make note of your Password, as you will need this if you are selected to move forward in the process. Your email address will most likely serve as your username.