Ultimate Staffing is seeking a Shipping and Receiving Manager (NJ2904) for a local plastic fabrication company in Ontario, California. This individual will supervise and be responsible for various tasks such as packaging, verifying content for shipping, receiving packages, ordering supplies, leading, and managing staff. Their main goal is to always ensure timely, accurate and secure shipping and distribution.
Location: Ontario, California
Directly supervises one employee in the Shipping and Receiving Department.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
- Packs and stocks products
- Issues materials
- Maintains and updates logs
- Loads and unloads trucks
- Maintains accurate inventory
- Maintains stock room
- Documents shippers
- Calls and schedules trucks
- Ensures the warehouse is shipping the right products
- Receives and tags incoming materials
- Cuts and regrinds parts that are damaged and return to the vendor
- Other duties may be assigned
- Must have experience using a Forklift
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
- 5+ years of shipping experience with plastic fabrication preferred
- Bilingual in Spanish required
- Basic reading, writing, and arithmetic skills are required.
- Knowledge of shipping and receiving procedures, routes, and rates.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with various concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office; MAS 90; JOBOPS; internet software and OVGCOOLE
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to email@example.com