Eligibility and Document Control Specialist:
Hybrid (3 On-site, 2 WFH) Post Training Period
Support current and potential program participants by reviewing and examining eligibility related documents, performing quality assurance reviews, and offering encouragement and support all along the way.
Under close supervision, manages a caseload of clients who participate in the Alternative Payment Program.
The Specialist will conduct individual interviews to determine eligibility and need for subsidized child care, assist with the completion of paperwork to enroll new participants, accurately process changes according to established policies and procedures.
Monitor caseload by conducting necessary follow up, verifications and keen attention to detail to ensure ongoing compliance with federal, state and agency rules and regulations.
- Administrative experience, proficient data entry and good communication skills.
- Associate Degree and/or Certificate in Human Services, Business, Early Childhood Education and/or related field preferred but not mandatory.
- Must have strong clerical, administrative and computer skills; prefer one to two years' experience, education and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be detail-oriented, have exceptional organization skills; ability to prioritize work load, and work under strict deadlines. Must possess excellent interpersonal skills; ability to maintain confidentiality; use tact, diplomacy and discretion when responding to and interacting with clients; adapt to new situations, policies and procedural changes.
- Must have experience entering data entry into systems proficiently. Must be able to follow, interpret and apply policies, procedures and state regulations when determining need and eligibility; able to initiate prompt and professional responses to clients, co-workers, and other individuals.
- Able to use office equipment this may include operating adding machines, calculators, scanners, copy and fax machines, telephones and file cabinets in a safe manner.
- Bilingual/Spanish preferred (based on office needs) but not required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org