Date Posted: 8/9/2022Apply Now
Location: Portsmouth, NH
Full-time Position with Benefits
The Strategic Sourcing Analyst will be responsible for managing and coordinating the sourcing of equipment, materials, supplies, and services, ensuring that purchases be of the required quality and quantity, at the most economical costs, and of timely delivery.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. Other ancillary duties may be assigned.
Procurement and Supply Chain Support
* Spend analysis and opportunity assessment
* Leverage spend data to identify strategic sourcing opportunities and implement demand planning processes
* Work across categories such as: Landfill Construction, Environmental Engineering, IT Equipment, Water Treatment and/or marketing/promotional materials.
* Assess sourcing opportunities and develop category project plan
* Develop category profiles for responsible categories
* Develop and execute on negotiation strategies for responsible categories, inclusive of pricing and terms and conditions
* Monitor and measure supplier performance and organization compliance to negotiated terms and conditions
* Perform quantitative and qualitative source selection and supplier management
* Participate in the research, development, and design of long-range strategic objectives for future operational improvements
* Some travel will be required (
Strategic Category Management:
Develop and execute a sourcing strategy for various procurement categories ranging between $100K to $10M in yearly spend
* Within assigned categories, oversee and participate in the sourcing of equipment, materials, supplies, and services, ensuring price value/stability, consistent quality, and expeditious delivery
* Support other Strategic Sourcing (Category) mangers in the execution of their categories
* Research and develop qualified suppliers of high-quality goods and services
* Prepare bids, proposals, or other informational requests based on technical specifications
* Evaluate bids, analyze alternatives, develop negotiation strategy, and make recommendations for contract awards
* Guide, assist, and negotiate to satisfactory conclusion major purchasing agreements
* As required, participate in capital project procurement initiatives, as the leader of or member of the program/project team
* Oversee and participate as the liaison with other departments regarding technical product changes/problems, required adjustments, future strategic objectives, etc.
* Deliver cost savings targets
Contract and Supplier Management:
Ensure an effective contract structure / supplier relationship management framework is in place throughout the contract lifecycle and involves both Procurement & Supply Chain Management and relevant business / functional stakeholders
* As requested, participate in the development and implementation of systems which measure, track, and analyze supplier performance. Work with other department managers to develop factors to be considered and results to be used.
* Review and evaluate the relations of purchasing personnel with existing suppliers. Recommend methods of communications, problem resolution, or proposal planning. Contact suppliers regarding large or recurring material problems and resolves issue
* Work with site managers to ensure optimal inventory levels are maintained throughout the plant fleet that minimize working capital and costs while ensuring a high level of plant service
* Bachelor's Degree, or equivalent experience, in Business, Contracts,
To apply please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for applying to the Strategic Sourcing Analyst position. Your job application has been routed to the appropriate branch for consideration. Please make note of your Password, as you will need this if you are selected to move forward in the process. Your email address will most likely serve as your username.