Our client's Defense Engineering group is seeking a Software and Control Test Engineer in our Bloomfield, CT facility to drive improvement in the reliability of Fiber Amplifier products for our defense markets. This role will work closely with our product development team to validate new designs and meet customer requirements. You will work on a wide variety of products, technologies, systems and subsystems and have significant, visible impact on the organization's overall success.
Location: Bloomfield, CT Onsite
Duration: Full Time, Direct Placement
Salary: $90000 - $110.000 annually
Education and Work Experience:
- Verify fiber laser software and control system performance under various operating conditions (temperature, vibration, EMI).
- Work with product development team to design and implement improvements.
- Develop, execute, and document test procedures for fiber laser software and control systems
- Interface with customers to discuss product specifications and present test results.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field (electrical engineering, computer engineering or physics)
- Ability to troubleshoot electronic circuits down to the component level.
- Hands on experience building and repairing circuit boards and test setups.
- Knowledge of a programming language that allows experiment automation, data collection and analysis (MATLAB, LabVIEW, C, Python, Pearl, Visual Studio)
- Ability to manage data from and document laboratory experiments.
- US person and be eligible to obtain a U.S. security clearance.
- Masters or PhD in a technical field
- Experience in verification and qualification testing of embedded controls (a big plus).
- Experience with test and measurement of electronic and software control systems.
- Familiarity with reliability and lifetime concepts.
- Good general knowledge and aptitude in a broad range of electronics, embedded controls, laser physics, optics, fiber optics,
- Continuous improvement mindset - improves products and processes through on-going testing and analysis
- Experience with vibration and/or EMI testing a plus.
- Ability to work with a range of disciplines to understand technical issues and devise solutions.
- Strong project management skills - ability to clearly articulate work plans, schedules, and resource requirements; ability to complete several complex tasks in a timely way.
- Excellent communication skills - can communicate work plans, schedules, resource needs; can organize and communicate data to drive key decisions. Can communicate directly with Customers.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org