We are seeking for a Customer Service Claims Associate for a Travel Insurance Company located in Salem, New Hampshire. The Claims Assistant is responsible for supporting the day-to-day tasks and activities of the TPA group within the claims team. This role will primarily focus on managing the TPA claims mailbox, answering claimant queries, providing timely follow-ups, receiving/filing claims and sending claims acknowledgements. This position will handle calls from claimants and providers. It is important to recognize that this role is crucial to the effectiveness of the day-to-day functioning for the TPA group.
Shift M-F 8:30AM-5PM
Pay range $20/Hr
The Claims Assistant is responsible for accomplishing the following assignments.
- Handle all aspects of processing claims, which includes setting up claim files, data entry, scanning documents, validating approvals regarding coverage and/or benefit limits. Setting up and maintaining a diary with follow-up and deadline dates.
- Respond to and contact providers, insureds, and other related parties to obtain and relay basic information for invoice processing.
- Coordinate and correspond with other departments within the company to resolve claim and benefit related issues.
- Provide ad hoc information as requested to support claim processing and/or special projects.
- Participate and assist in claims teams administrative tasks including data entry, monthly account reconciliation, client report requirements, quality checks and documentation requirements.
- Research claim issues and respond to claim inquiries from claimants and clients.
- Participate in team learning opportunities and cross-training.
- Proven communication & collaboration skills that demonstrates the ability to manage multiple high priority tasks accurately and provide timely updates.
- Solid understanding of using Email programs like Outlook and a basic understanding of software applications and web browsers.
- Insurance Adjusters License and experience using PeopleSoft Financials system is preferred but not required.
- Possess the ability to apply basic knowledge of principles, practices, and procedures. Strong written and verbal communication skills with an emphasis on confidentiality, tact, and diplomacy.
- Possesses organizational and analytical skills; demonstrates the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Intermediate proficiency and experience using Microsoft Office (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word)
Minimum of 2 years of relevant/progressive clerical experienceEducation
High school diploma or equivalent. Associates degree is preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to email@example.com