Location: El Cajon, CA
Hours: M-F 8:00am-5:00pm /weekends as needed
Pay: $33.00 -$36.00
Covid Vaccination required
Background/drug screen required
We are seeking an experienced Event Coordinator to join the team of a great non-profit organization. In this position you will be responsible for planning and managing various company events. You will assist with event planning, logistics, and ensure events run smoothly.
Responsibilities Include but not limited to:
- Establish and maintain venue and vendor relationships, work with various professionals including Board and Committee members, sponsors, and donors
- Plan and create all aspects of events including music, seating, menu/food, guests, and auction items
- Assist with marketing events, invitations, vendor, and sponsor packages, and event promotions
- Work within allotted budgets, create reliable financial reports, collect payments for the events
- Plan and manage all events, address potential issues, and solve problems in a timely manner
- Strong attention to detail, organization, accuracy, and the ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines with little supervision effectively
- Build and maintain relationships with suppliers and service providers
- Maintain a working knowledge of complex events and logistics
- Manage donor processes and follow up; Assist in managing correspondence to donors and sponsors
- Responsible for all other duties as required
- Bachelor's Degree in related subject is preferred or a minimum of 2 to 5 years of event planning experience and volunteer coordination, six months experience with a non-profit organization or social services preferred.
- Should have excellent verbal and written communication skills and along with strong interpersonal skills and a high standard of professionalism
- Strong experience with Microsoft Office
- Must be able to meet all pre-employment requirements including pre-employment physical and screenings, valid CA driver's license, current DMV report.
- Ability to meet fingerprint requirements.
- Must be available to work M-F and weekends as needed
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org