Date Posted: 7/28/2022Apply Now
We are seeking a Cloud Security Architect to work in a direct hire role with our client in Fremont, CA.
IT security team member responsible for leading the design, development, and installation of security systems for cloud-based computing and data storage systems. Requires in-depth knowledge of various applications in terms of business logic, security aspects, development environments, and production environments. This role is instrumental in the design of a NextGen data center via the cloud or hybrid security solutions.
* Advocates for information security policies, standards, control and ensures compliance.
* Designs, documents, and implements procedures and techniques that are consistent with best practices for analyzing and evaluating risk (software & business), accuracy, completeness, internal integrity/consistency, testability, and overall quality of the system.
* Enables the business while managing risk at an appropriate level. Identifies, communicates, and mitigates security risks in on-premises or hybrid/multi-cloud deployments
* Anticipates problems and demonstrates sound judgment in providing solutions
* Tracks operations and continuously identify improvements.
* Establishes collaborative relationships with IT Team and business partners
* Thinks strategically, plans methodically, and executes tactically
* Maintains knowledge of emerging technologies, cloud security standards, and regulations for application to our enterprise. Research emerging technologies and identify opportunities for adoption
* Gathers requirements, and plans, and assesses the current configuration
* Works with vendors/consultants to successfully test and integrate new technology
* Aids vulnerability management and helps resolve findings of security assessments and other risk management activities
* Responds to information security incidents/tickets in a timely manner
* Develops and reports metrics that measure the efficacy and efficiency of security-related programs.
* Mentors and transfers knowledge to security team members
* Demonstrates leadership on the security team in maintaining a level of excellence
* Collaborates on security engineering standards, methodologies, and sustainable processes
* Bachelor's degree in IT discipline or equivalent work experience
* 5+ years working in small to the medium-scale security team
* 3+ years' experience in cloud security, architecture, engineering, network security
* Security, cloud
* Knowledge of leading practices for security design, implementation, and support of public and private cloud services
* In-depth knowledge of multiple cloud platforms (Azure, O365, AWS, etc.) to be able to identify and prioritize potential security challenges
* Hands-on experience with cloud security, Firewalls, Switches, DMZ, VPN, SD-WAN, Wi-Fi, and intrusion detection technologies
* High level of knowledge of incident response activities in a distributed environment
* Security, cloud or networking certification preferred (e.g., CCSP, SSCP, CISSP, CCSK, CCNA)
* Familiarity with security industry standards (ISO 17799, NIST 800 series, CMMC, etc.) and best practices
* Working knowledge of network and/or security technologies
* Knowledge of security auditing procedures.
* Understanding of Zero-Trust and Micro-segmentation
* Knowledge of virtualization, containers, and services for business
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protect
To apply please email your resume to email@example.com
Thank you for applying to the Cloud Security Architect position. Your job application has been routed to the appropriate branch for consideration. Please make note of your Password, as you will need this if you are selected to move forward in the process. Your email address will most likely serve as your username.