Position Title: Scheduling Specialist
The position is responsible for the intake and scheduling of orders via phone, fax, and internet. The position ensures that all supporting functions complete client requests thoroughly. The position routinely forecasts and coordinates upcoming client needs.
- Manage the cases to individual client requirements.
- Discuss cases with the client and determine which type of physician is appropriate (e.g. specialty) to assign to the case.
- Schedule/reschedule services from requests received via phone, fax and internet.
- Work with claimants to schedule appointments.
- Troubleshoot scheduling problems.
- Follow up after the exam to ensure that it took place.
- Coordinate/complete all follow up resulting from the order, including correspondence, transportation, interpreters, and chaperones.
- Obtain/maintain standing time from physicians.
- Coordinate locations and travel arrangements for the physician if necessary.
- Track and perform all second tier follow up including reminder calls and notifications, weekly physician schedules, daily shows/no shows, etc.
- Develop and maintain relationships with both clients and physicians
- Sense of urgency - strong deadline orientation.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Proficiency in MS Office and the operation of basic office equipment.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to follow routine verbal and written instructions.
- Self-directed - ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of planning and scheduling techniques.
- Knowledge of customer service standards and procedures
- Pay range: $17-$20
- Schedule: 8:30am-5pm and 7:30am-4pm (switch off shifts each week)
- Location: Golden Valley, MN 100% in office
- Type: Contract to Hire
: (Once Hired FT)
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401K Savings Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Supplemental Short Term Disability Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to email@example.com