A large plastics manufacturing company in Shelton, CT is looking for a 2nd shift Distribution Administrator
Work Schedule - M - F, 3:30pm to 12:00AM
Pay range: $18 - $20/hr DOE
The Distribution Center Administrator performs support tasks for the distribution center.
Essential Functions/Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains locator files in Excel (by location/item code/job number).
- Creates notes on Ship Advice Worksheets (SAWs) within The Manufacturing Manager (TMM).
- Enters data from inbound intercompany transfers.
- Maintains customer return log.
- Performs purchase order receipts.
- Maintains all distribution center files.
- Prepares shipping paperwork for all outbound shipments.
Skills and Competencies:
- Performs cycle counts and counts cartons of finished goods in warehouse.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Communication: Ability to communicate on a one-on-one basis or in group situations. Ability to follow standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Logical reasoning: Ability to carry out instructions in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Mathematical: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Technological: Proficient in MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Outlook.
High school diploma or general equivalency degree (GED); 1-2 years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination or education and experience.Physical Demands
Personal & Product Safety:
- May be required to stand for long periods of time.
- May involve some repetitive motions.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- May also engage in frequent bending, stooping, squatting, pushing and pulling of parts and part containers.
- Due to the open environment of the warehouse, must be able to work in various weather and temperature conditions to include extreme heat, humidity, and cold.
All Employees Shall:
- Follows product safety (Safe Quality Food, a.k.a. SQF) and quality standards.
- Practices safe work habits and follows general safety procedures such as proper lifting and bending, ergonomics, proper use of equipment and use of personal protection equipment (PPE).
- Ensures lockout procedures are followed any time the equipment is being cleaned or maintained.
- Comply with the EH&S Policy and applicable regulatory and company EH&S rules and requirements.
- Report to supervision conditions or practices that are either unsafe or that may adversely impact the environment, to ensure prompt resolution of potential hazards.
- Attend scheduled EH&S training program.
- Actively support the organization's efforts to meet or exceed EH&S goals and plans.
- Recommend improved EH&S practices.
- Must maintain regular and consistent attendance.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org