Ultimate Staffing Fresno has partnered with a company in the area that is seeking a detail-oriented and motivated individual to join their team as an Occupational Safety Manager.
The position will be responsible to provide site safety leadership, ensure facility compliance with company's safety standards, implement safety directives, improve safety performance, and ensure facility safety policies and procedures are aligned with governmental regulations. This position will also act as an advocate for employee relations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Education and Work Experience Requirements:
- Industrial Illness Prevention Program (IIPP). Maintain and implement the various elements of the company's IIPP
- Accident/Exposure Reporting and Investigation. Manager and implement the Accident/Exposure Reporting and Investigation program. Ensure the program prescribes methods and practices for reporting and investigating accidents/exposures.
- Worker's Compensation Claim Management. Review, monitor, and manage the claims process. Manage the early return to work and modified duty program, monitor and analyze accident and injury trends, identify areas of increased training and emphasis of accident prevention.
- Emergency Response Plan. In conjunction with facilities and engineering, ensure the company's ERP is current and implemented. Ensure appropriate individuals are trained in the processes and procedures should the plan be activated.
- Ensure and coordinate all forklift drivers, machine operators, sanitation workers, mechanics, DOT drivers are licensed accordingly, trained and within compliance.
- Maintain companies Personal Protective Equipment, Machine Safety & Equipment usage, Lockout/Tagout, Hazardous Communication etc. are communicated to employees accordingly, and training is performed as required.
- Ensure Record Keeping and Posting Requirements documentation are maintained per mandated record retention regulations
- Coordinate monthly tailgate meetings are being conducted by all departments with no exception
- Perform weekly/monthly/quarterly inspections of both plant facilities and report any and all concerns to management
- Performs confidential duties as an employee relations manager to employees and management on all and any topics
- Works with Human Resources Management to conduct monthly employee committee meetings
Knowledge & Skill:
- Bachelor's Degree in related field
- 5+ years of progressive safety experience
- Completed OSHA30 certificate
- Thorough knowledge of applicable regulations (OSHA)
- Creativity, innovation and the ability to solve problems and generate viable solutions
- Must be approachable and effective with ability to influence change across all levels of the organization
- Must have good time management skills and be able prioritize duties
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality, Pay
If interested in applying please send your resume to Stephanie Benitey at Sbenitey@ultimatestaffing.com
- Competitive top pay offered
- Paid time off and sick leave
- Industry-leading health insurance and health wellness program that covers regular doctor visits, eye exams, etc. with only a minor copay
- 401(k) retirement with guaranteed matching contributions
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state a
To apply please email your resume to email@example.com