Seeking an experienced Sr. Director of HR professional to fill our top HR role in the company. We are looking for a well-rounded, knowledgeable Sr. Director of HR ready to develop into the next VP for our executive team. This is a very culture-centric position with a family owned, very stable restaurant chain. We need and individual with an extensive and broad resume, including experience with employment best practices, employee relations, employee compensation, payroll, benefits, performance management, succession planning, workers compensation, talent acquisition and retention, and overall HR strategy and compliance. Most importantly we need a leader who can help build and develop an HR team that models and reinforces our company mission, vision and values. If you are ready to take the reins and grow with a great organization then please apply today!
Essential Job Functions
- Collaborates with executive leadership to define the organizations long-term mission and goals; identifies ways to support mission through talent management.
- Provides guidance and leadership to the HR team including but not limited to talent acquisition and employee retention, risk management, payroll, benefits, and employee relations.
- Identifies and assesses performance against department and organizational key performance indicators.
- Understands and ensures employment compliance with local, state, and federal laws and regulations; partners with legal counsel as needed.
- Creates, maintains and implements company policies, employee handbook, and advises executive management of relevant new legislation.
- Analyzes general liability, workers' compensation and EPLI loss runs to strategically mitigate risks.
- Implements and manages budget for HR department and overall organizational staffing.
- Works directly with Ops and members of leadership with regards to competitive compensation structures, promotions, transfers, performance management, succession planning, etc.
- Oversees all areas of talent acquisition including recruiting, onboarding and ATS/HRIS systems.
- Partners with training and development department to reinforce company values, company policies and compliance training(s).
- Travels to various locations as needed throughout California, Arizona and Nevada.
- Oversees payroll processes to ensure efficiency, accuracy and compliance with wage & hour laws.
- Reviews periodic turnover reports to strategically develop employee retention strategies.
- Counsels and coaches' managers and employees to achieve problem resolution on employment issues and ensures standard application of corporate policies and procedures in all actions.
- Submits and maintains state and federal required EEO records.
- Responds and attends to depositions/hearings relating to EPLI claims, and GL/WC claims as needed.
- Oversees benefit plans, compliance and administration including but not limited to ACA compliance, COBRA, 401k, FMLA/CFRA and other leave of absences, and ADA process.
- Maintains a high degree of confidentiality and maintains confidential records pursuant to ADA, HIPPA and privacy laws.
- Attends executive meetings as required.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance plans
- Life insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Development and growth opportunities
- Bonus program
- Discounted meals at work
- Career longevity
- A fun work environment!
Bachelor's Degree in Human Resource Management, Business Administration, Psychology, or related field; Master's degree preferred. SHRM-SCP, SPHR, or PHRca certification required.Experience:
Minimum 5 years' experience in a senior level HR role within a retail or restaurant
To apply please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org