Our client in the Insurance industry is currently seeking an Accounts Payable Specialist.
Accounts Payable Specialist will be responsible for processing a large volume invoice daily/weekly. Maintaining internal and external customer relations. Code invoices to appropriate GL Accounts, departments, locations and/or subsidiaries and review all invoices for appropriate documentation, billing accuracy.
Duration: 1 year contract
Hourly Rate: $25/hr. W2 Only (Not open to C2C)
Factors for success
- Follow up with internal customer for proper coding to invoices as necessary.
- Resolve discrepancies, correspondences. Handle ad hoc request Individual must be a team player.
- Proper coding of invoices, setting up new vendors, matching purchase orders, cutting of checks, sending signed checks to vendors on a timely manner
- General Ledger: journal entries, credit card reconciliation, support month end close
- Evaluating and reconciling all vendor statements
- Audit and payment of corporate credit cards including posting of payments to the financial system
- Run daily payments, which include wires, checks, credit cards and Automated Clearing House (ACH) for vendors and various government agencies
- Manage and verify all expense reports, ensuring their compliance with company policies
- Maintain and update all accounts payable data, as well as ensure accuracy in general ledgers
- Evaluate all accounts payable balance and resolve all issues regarding unpaid invoices
- Investigate and resolve issues that are associated with the processing of purchase orders and invoices.
- Perform other general accounting projects and tasks as assigned
- Monitor and address urgent items as they arise
Technical factors for success
- 3+ years of Accounts Payable experience
- Strong problem-solving skills, basic accounting best practice principles knowledge, documentation skills, research and resolution skills, data analysis and multi-tasking skills.
- Strong ability to identify, analyze and solve problems
- Good organizational, communication and analytical skills
- Computer skills including Excel and Word
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Open to changes and willing to learn new skills, and should be able to follow up on pending issues and meet deadlines
- Key competencies include judgment, confidentiality, accuracy, information management skills, problem-solving skills, and teamwork
- 10 key and data entry experience
- High School diploma required, college courses in accounting preferred.
- Coupa Experience
- Microsoft office Applications
- Navigation between multiple applications and/or Web windows
Nice To Have
- Advanced user in all Microsoft Office Applications
- High accuracy keying information
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to email@example.com