Date Posted: 12/3/2021Apply Now
REMOTE HELP DESK CSR
Candidates will be trained to understand and use the designated ticketing system, basic tier-1 support and troubleshooting, such as password resets, printer configurations, break/fix instructions.
Position Duties Include:
* Tier-1 duties: Answers, evaluates, and prioritizes incoming telephone, voice mail, and e-mail requests for assistance from users experiencing problems with hardware, software, networking, and other computer-related technologies, as well as Learning Management Software.
* Interviews user to collect information about problem and leads user through diagnostic procedures to determine source of error.
* Handles problem recognition, research, isolation, resolution, and follow-up for routine user problems, referring more complex problems to Tier 2, Tier 3, supervisor, or other technical staff.
* Logs and tracks customer interactions using problem management software (SNOW) and maintains thorough history records and related problem documentation.
* Prepares standard statistical reports, such as help desk incident reports.
Position Requirements Include:
* Excellent Customer Service Focus
* Excellent Communication Skills
* Astute Learner
* Competent Trouble-shooting Skills
* Ability to Evaluate Customer Needs and Determine the Appropriate Options/Procedures
* Understands Quality and Performance Metrics and Resulting Impact to the Customer
* Proficient in Microsoft Operating Systems and Applications, Hardware/Software Support
* Previous Help Desk/Call Center Experience Beneficial
* Experience at Institutions of Higher Education Beneficial
* Learning Management System Experience Beneficial
* Comp TIA Certification/s Beneficial
Position Open to Candidates Residing in:
* Eastern Time Zone
* Central Time Zone
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for applying to the Help Desk Technician position. Your job application has been routed to the appropriate branch for consideration. Please make note of your Password, as you will need this if you are selected to move forward in the process. Your email address will most likely serve as your username.