Sr. Machine Vision Scientist - Roles & Responsibilities
As the Sr. Machine Vision Scientist, you have a strong background in the medical imaging space and working on deep learning, computer vision, and state-of-the-art machine learning algorithms. You will be working on multiple projects in Advanced AI team and will be consulted by multiple teams within Varian's Technology and Innovation Office. You would be the expert in machine vision across multiple projects in the field of Radiotherapy.
- Develop deep learning, machine learning, and computer vision models and algorithms in Python and PyTorch for various medical imaging projects.
- Implement the end-to-end pipeline for model development
- Work cross-functionally with other teams to meet requirements for the products that the team is working on.
- You will be expected to contribute to and drive publications, and present results at internal and external scientific conferences.
- Brainstorm and lead AI discussions across multiple projects
- Knowledge and presentation of state-of-the-art technology and recent publications in AI and machine vision
- Be the expert in machine vision in team, who either knows or quickly learns the best solutions for the machine vision problems
- MSc or PhD in computer science or another STEM related field (Physics, EE, Mathematics) with a research focus on computer vision, deep learning, and machine learning.
- At least 3-5 years in academia/industry setting where you have worked cross-functionally with other teams to develop AI products
- Strong background in developing deep learning, computer vision, and machine learning algorithms and models - preferably in a medical imaging setting
- Exposure to the full ML product lifecycle process and able to take the initiative in making sure deadlines and requirements are met
- Strong programming experience working with Python and PyTorch
- Knowledge of state-of-the-art technology and recent publications in machine vision
- Familiarity with Jupyter notebook and GCP environment or other cloud based environments.
- Experience working with medical imaging data
- Exposure to recent publications and technologies in AI such as transformers, multi-task learning, Meta learning, etc
- Huge bonus would be to have publications related to deep learning, machine learning, and/or computer vision
- Great coding skills
- Inspires others: Shares passion for our vision, culture, and opportunity
- Collaborative: Builds partnerships and ensures shared success
- Curious: Motivated by discovery and exploration in research, technology, and solution delivery
- Accountable: Owns and keeps commitments
- Data-driven: Balances data with intuition, embraces an experimental test and learn approach to make informed business decisions
- Results-oriented: Focuses on delivering results not activity
- Business minded: Demonstrates strategic thinking, operational intelligence, and sound judgment
- Courageous: Willing to make hard decisions in service of the business
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local law
To apply please email your resume to email@example.com