Date Posted: 10/13/2021Apply Now
Our client located in San Diego, CA is seeking a Patient Biller. This is a 100% remote position, but the candidate must reside in the state of CA. Pacific Standard Time hours will apply. Large hospital billing experience is required along with government and commercial payor experience.
* This person is responsible for the full range of billing duties within the revenue cycle from claim generation to final payment disposition.
* The Patient Biller will monitor, prioritize and ensure assigned work for the billing of claims, resolution of edits, attaching of records and all actions required to resolve open A/R are being addressed in a timely manner and in accordance with current departmental standards and performance metrics.
* This person will work closely with internal customers and external business partners to take all assigned actions required to ensure the accurate and timely billing/resolution of claims for patients.
* Experience with Government Payors within the last year
* Demonstrated Epic Experience
* A minimum of three (3) years of relevant HOSPITAL BILLING experience (Physician or Clinic Billing experience will NOT apply)
* Proficiency with MS Office Products (Outlook, Excel and Word).
* Strong ability to type at least 25 wpm.
* Extensive knowledge of medical insurance billing/processes, billing documents, claim forms, HIPAA, PHI, and a thorough understanding of state and federal rules for billing and appealing medical claims.
* Knowledge of basic medical terminology, coding principles (CPT/HCPCS/ ICD10/modifiers) and accounting/cash handling procedures.
* Ability to be able to read/understand insurance EOBs, Correspondence and other payer communications in order to resolve outstanding bills
* Some college coursework or an Associate Degree
* Three 3 years of recent experience specifically related to processing and resolving claims within a medical billing environment.
* Prior Epic experience with Resolute Professional Billing.
* Billing for Medicare patients
* Billing for Managed Care Plan Contracts
COMPLIANCE REQUIREMENTS: Candidate will be expected to complete typical compliance for remote workers in health care systems upon hire (including providing updated physical, background check, drug screen, etc.) in order to meet UC San Diego Health HR and Joint Commission standards.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for applying to the Patient Biller III (Hospital Billing) position. Your job application has been routed to the appropriate branch for consideration. Please make note of your Password, as you will need this if you are selected to move forward in the process. Your email address will most likely serve as your username.