Hiring an HR benefits/leave administrator to join an amazing medical device company! If interested, please apply with your resume ASAP.
6+ month contract
Must be local in California- will have the option to work remotely from home
Schedule: Mon-Fri 8am-5pm
- The Benefits/Leave Administrator is responsible for the day-to-day operations of group benefit programs (group and voluntary health, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, flexible spending plan, 401(k) plan and all other benefit plans or programs), as well as the administration of all company leaves in accordance with applicable federal and state regulations.
- Provides excellent customer service, and establishes and maintains professional internal and external relationships at all levels.
- In coordination with companies third party leave administrator, processes and tracks all leaves of absence providing timely notification/response in accordance with applicable state and federal laws and regulations as well as company policy.
- Calculates pay period compensation for employees on LOA and provides pay instructions to Payroll department in a timely manner.
- Counsels employees and management on leave policies and procedures.
- Responding to employee leave and benefits related questions, coordinating the enrollment of newly eligible employees, assisting with annual open enrollment and benefits fair, etc.
- Maintains HRIS and Benefits Enrollment system(s), including; ensuring that all employee data is accurate, producing reports, and working with payroll to ensure employee transactions are processed appropriately. Advises vendor/broker of any issues.
- Remains current with all state and federal regulations as they relate to Human Resources/Employee Benefit Plans, as well as specific job responsibilities, ensuring compliance when required. Researches and evaluates new/existing plans, practices or trends and makes recommendations on cost reductions and/or process improvements.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Minimum 3+ years' experience in Benefits and Leave Administration required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Federal and State regulations
- Experience with ERISA, COBRA/Cal-COBRA, FMLA, CFRA, ADA, Section 125, Medicare, Social Security and DOL requirements.
- Computer literacy and proficiency with, Oracle Fusion HCM, MS Office; including MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel. Healthcare Experience preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to email@example.com