We are looking for a dynamic HR & Payroll Specialist to help our team! This position is primarily responsible for performing payroll related functions including, but not limited to, entering new employees into payroll system, processing salary changes, entering employee deductions, and funding allocations. Processes employee timesheets and submits payroll.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Enter new hires into payroll system prior to onboarding.
- Update payroll records including salary changes, payroll deductions, benefit plan and retirement deductions, funding allocations, and other payroll related transactions.
- Review employee timesheets, verifying employee and supervisor approvals.
- Process payroll in payroll system.
- Maintain garnishment records and prepare remittances.
- Distribute payroll checks to staff who are not on direct deposit.
- Prepare manual payroll checks as required, including checks for terminating employees.
Training and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- 5+ years of payroll administration experience using an electronic payroll system required.
- Experience processing payroll through Paycom preferred.
- Knowledge of payroll regulations including overtime, garnishment withholding and remittances, and terminations.
- Proficient in use of MS Excel and Word.
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) preferred.
COVID vaccination is required, and our company will consider accommodations for disability- and religious-based reasons.
Equal Opportunity Employer: minority/female/disability/veteran.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org