Date Posted: 9/14/2021Apply Now
POSITION: Patient Access Registrar
Must have proof of COVID Vaccination
START DATE: ASAP
END DATE/CONTRACT LENGTH: 13 weeks
LOCATION: Onsite at Hillcrest Location
Shift: Friday-Tuesday Variable shift time Manager will confirm schedule but likely 11:30am - 8:00pm
COMPLIANCE REQUIREMENTS: Candidate will be expected to complete typical compliance for health care systems upon hire including providing vaccine records Fit Test updated physical background check drug screen etc. in order to meet UC San Diego Health HR and Joint Commission standards
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: Under the general guidance of the Access Manager Patient Access Rep/HA III registers pre-registers pre-admits and admits patients by telephone and/or in person. Major duties include: efficiently collect accurate demographic information review and interpret complex insurance benefits obtaining prior authorizations patient estimates cash collections interaction with public assistance programs i.e. Medi-Cal CCS implementation of Medicare requirements interaction with physicians/office personnel as well as other hospital personnel units and departments referral of appropriate cases to other internal and external sources to assist patients with discharge/post-hospital care as well as completes birth certificates when assigned. Interact with hospital departments such as Utilization Review and Patient Business Services to ensure correct and timely reimbursement. And/or other duties as assigned
* Minimum two 2 years previous admissions/registration experience in a large complex healthcare setting.
* Thorough knowledge of insurance verification registration and medical terminology.
* Proficient with MS Office: Outlook Word and Excel. Computer skills/ability to work between multiple systems accurately and efficiently.
* Strong problem solving skills. Ability to use good judgment by applying these skills to assist customers and ensure expectations are met. Solid organizational skills with independent ability to set priorities meet deadlines and manage conflicting demands with limited
* Ability to interact effectively with the public patients visitors clinical support staff and vendors. Ability to work in an interactive and collaborative environment. Excellent customer service skills. Self-starter who is accountable and requires minimal direction and supervision.
* Excellent communication skills with ability to communicate clearly both verbally written and be able to articulate complex ideas for all levels of audiences.
* Possess the personal characteristics of professionalism credibility commitment to high standards innovation and accountability.
* Must be able to work in multiple service areas including but not limited to: Outpatient services emergency department laboratory labor and delivery inpatient units Etc.
* Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and discretion.
* Experience with insurance and authorization verification.
* Strong knowledge of third party payors including federal state and private health plans.
* Bilingual English/Spanish.
* Knowledge of medical terminology.
* Knowledge and articulation of birth certification documents and hospital patient forms as required by JACAHO/GAD etc.
* Prior cash handling experience.
* Epic experience
* Knowledge of Inpatient and Emergency room registration and admission processes
Shift Info: Day 8 Hours 11:30 8:00
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal historie
To apply please email your resume to email@example.com
Thank you for applying to the Patient Access Registrar position. Your job application has been routed to the appropriate branch for consideration. Please make note of your Password, as you will need this if you are selected to move forward in the process. Your email address will most likely serve as your username.