Ultimate Staffing is currently a Medical Secretary in the Timonium, MD area for a well-known, award-winning hospital.
- Schedule, confirm, and coordinate patient appointments.
- Prepare and print daily patient schedule and distributes to appropriate personnel.
- Mail patient appointment reminders and calls patient prior to appointment to confirm.
- Prepare charge slips for patient appointments.
- Collect co-pays, processes/closes credit card payments, and records patient charges for billing office.
- Update patient demographics and enters into computer system.
- Prepare request for release of medical records and collects appropriate fees.
- Assist in the back office duties as needed.
- Type letters, reports, forms, correspondence, diagnostic test results, patient histories and notes from machine dictation or rough draft.
- Assemble files for new patients according to procedure and updates records and files for current patients.
- Pull and prepare patient chart for appointments.
Great Candidates will have the following experience and skills:1 year's experience (Additional education beyond high school may be substituted for experience).
- Knowledge in medical terminology
- General knowledge of office practices, procedures, and equipment; of business English, spelling, punctuation grammar and arithmetic.
- Skill in using a variety of office software applications, such as word processing, spreadsheets, presentation packages, and databases applications to produce documents.
- Skill in understanding and following oral and written instructions and in communicating effectively both orally and in writing.
- Skill in proofing office correspondence, forms, and other work product for typographical errors, spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Skill in performing basic arithmetic calculations.
- Skill in accurate alphabetical and numeric filing.
This role is Temporary to Permanent and will start ASAP. The pay rate is $17-$18/hour. If you are interested apply ASAP! Call Carly at 410.308.0954 and email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to email@example.com