Our medical technologies firm in Redmond, WA is looking for a Buyer
In accordance with established Purchasing policies and procedures, orders and schedules material for delivery to support production build schedule for assigned commodities as required by the MRP system.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understands and documents business requirements.
- Identifies and vets potential vendors.
- Negotiates price and terms for services, materials, equipment, and/or supplies from vendors.
- Formalize agreements according to company policy.
- Monitors vendor compliance with contract terms and product or service specifications.
- Identifies and realizes opportunities for cost reduction.
- Participates in internal control processes.
- Maintains purchase order pricing, quantity and delivery date accuracy.
- Provides suppliers with drawings in order to deliver compliant material.
- Establishes and maintains optimal inventory levels for material on vendor managed inventory (VMI) program working with Demand Planning team and monitors suppliers for compliance to the agreed-upon levels.
- Negotiates contracts with suppliers to support VMI program.
- Facilitates the development of global supply plans between suppliers and Physio distribution centers.
- Works with Sustaining Engineering on planning form/fit/function changes to existing parts to plan change implementation and mitigate potential scrap.
- Reviews change orders and communicates drawings, artwork and specifications to the suppliers.
- Monitors performance of the assigned suppliers and provides input into supplier scorecards.
- Works with cross-functional team members to develop and maintain supplier business relationships.
- Participates in the planning and execution of supplier factory relocations
We put our Ambassadors first. When it comes down to it, we know we can't fulfill our Promise to our business customers without your commitment. You represent our organization while on assignment. In return, we do our best to show our commitment to you. Our Ambassador Benefits package includes: Medical, dental and vision coverage. It also includes 401k, sick time, holiday and much more. We are an equal opportunity employer.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org